Friday, May 31, 2019

The Last Bob and Mary

It'll take some time before I'm able to write properly about my penultimate day in the radio business, which culminated with a 2 1/2 hour broadcast  with Mary Lucia on The Current.

The entire day was like attending my own funeral and being able to hear the eulogies.

But as great as it all was, nothing was better than spending my last days I'll ever spend on the radio, with Mary.  You can hear the entire broadcast here.

We had our Bette Midler and Johnny Carson moment. It was real. It was perfect.





2 comments:

Joel R said...

Bob
Thank you for all your honest sharing about your process here at "retirement", and for your years of work. I hope that you are seeing now more than ever perhaps, that your efforts have reached more than you thought. Please keep writing - your perspective, your ability to make people feel, is so very valuable.

Warm regards,
Joel

Mary Turck said...

Dear Bob -

I didn't know you were gone until a press release bounced back tonight. I couldn't believe it. I just read a column last week—how could you not be there any longer?

So I went to MPR and then found your wonderful farewell with Mary Lucia and this blog. I will miss you on MPR, and I hope you will keep writing here. Your reporting has been an inspiration over the years. Thanks for all you have done.

And my best to you and Coralie as you follow her mother on the Alzheimer's journey. I've been there, and I know how hard this is.

Best regards,
Mary
P.S. No need to publish this as a comment - since I don't have an email address for you, it seemed the best way to find you.